1- What is an FAQ Page?
FAQ refers to “Frequently Asked Questions”, it is a page where you can find all the answers to the questions that were asked frequently. It is a great way to help customers get answers to a question without having to specifically contact someone and wait for a response. Ideal FAQ Page
Let’s try to place a test order on your online store? If you face any difficulty doing it, your customers will struggle as well! So, what to do to overcome this; create an FAQ page that helps your customers along their buying journey. Do a full audit of your online store and find what the buying experience would be like for a customer.
FAQ Page must be able to:
- Provide accurate and clear answers about your products/ services such as return policy, delivery time estimation,etc..
- Work as an online customer service center
- Cut down the repetitive enquirers
FAQ pages are just as important as the landing page and the order pages on your online store. And be sure that the value that an FAQ page may bring to you is worth the effort that goes in framing it; some studies cleared that many customers after visiting the Home page they usually check out the FAQ page.
That’s why it should supplement creative content with proper answers to the frequent questions that may come to your customer’s mind. Ideal FAQ Page
2- Why FAQ page is important to your online store?
Simply, from its name you can figure out that it contains the frequently asked questions about your business, but this is not everything, it has many other functions like:
- Relieve purchasing anxieties that the needed item page doesn’t directly address.
- Publicly answering common questions, which may relieve some of the burdens on customer support team.
- Improving SEO and your site navigation.
- Improves the conversion rate on your website.
- Earning trust by demonstrating product expertise and explaining your business model.
- Delighting customers by creatively answering their questions.
- Makes the purchasing experience much easier that may make the customer love to buy from you again.
- Promote some of your main pages
3- Who needs an FAQ Page?
It’s good to know that not every website needs an FAQ page, yet you should have it if:
- You’re selling something online, providing a specific service, or doling out complex information, you should consider having an FAQ page. It is one of your ways to direct your potential customers to know about your products/service in detail.
- Your customers email you the same questions, so it’s better to address them publicly and prominently.
- You plan to create landing pages that you can link to and continue the journey from question to conversion.
- Want to handle your business concerns in a straightforward manner.
4- What to put in an FAQ page?
There are 2 gold mine sources that you can start digging to create a better idea for your FAQ page. First, it’s your inbox and second your competitors.
You may start searching for your inbox and customer support tickets that will likely be the first place you should look for the frequently asked questions you always have, you should also anticipate some objections that may turn into questions, especially if the answer will put your customer’s mind at ease. You can also consider how you can strategically raise the right questions to educate customers about your products and eager their demand. However, you should focus on relevance, utility, and opportunities to turn that question into a path to further engagement.
Why reinventing the wheel, although we know that your brand must have its own identity, but yet you can benefit from the experience of people who have been there for a while. Search for your competitors FAQ pages learn more about what they think is important to their customers and surprise surprise, you’ll find some common ground cause after all you share an interest in the same segment of customers. Ideal FAQ Page
5- How to write a Proper FAQ Page?
It should contain genuine questions that concern your customers and their purchasing process. Don’t make up a list of questions you think your customers should ask, rather, take some time to think about actual commonly asked questions. And here are some tips that may help you preparing your FAQ:
- Put yourself in your customers’ shoes; figure out what questions might be asked and provide accurate answers that you’d like to receive
- Offer the necessary information in the least amount of words and time.
- Mind your grammar and spelling; always remember to review what you write, or have another eye do it for you
- Use bullets or numbered steps when you have lists
- Write short paragraphs for each question you’re answering
- Be accurate in what you say; check your information sources, it earns you more credibility
- Organize your text and add a nice layout
- Segment it to sets of questions and answers
- Don’t exaggerate with the FAQ’s size; experts say that: “The best size is 64K, but there will be servers that will allow FAQs larger than 100K, while others will only host FAQs of 32K or less”
- Avoid marketing texts in your FAQ Page; people want straight answers, not to read promotional texts
- Use the active rather than the passive voice to avoid ambiguities
Put in your mind that it’s the page of questions that visitors genuinely ask and it should be arranged with more care. And above all, you should keep it simple! Your customers are looking for finding specific information than anything else.
Simply put, Set up a well-organized FAQ page, gain you more consumer confidence .When people find their questions well answered on your online store, they go to make a purchase, and they are much more likely to buy from again and again.
Just be sure that your questions are placed in a logical order and are in an easy way to follow. Your FAQ page may grow along with your business grow. So, you should update it when new questions start to show up, it can never be static.