Who are the Influencers?
Instagram has become an effective digital marketing platform for many brands, who uses it to market themselves through influencers. Recently, Instagram has crossed 400 million active users, which makes it a better marketing place than Twitter. Instagram Influencer marketing
One of the most exciting aspects of influencer marketing on Instagram is the incredible mixture of people represented, covering all kinds of niches, from all over the world. Most of the influences on Instagram are:
- Personal Trainers: They use Instagram to share their workouts
- Fashion Bloggers: to show off their style, fashion and lifestyle tips
- Interior Designers: to display their portfolio and artwork
- Travelers: to catalog their adventures and trips
- Photographers: post the best of their shots
- Chefs: to publish their recipes.
Why tell the world how wonderful you are when you can get someone else to do it and make 1000 times the impact?
Big name department stores have fashion bloggers on their payroll because their target market is influenced by the say-so of the people they engage with daily.
They’ve recognized that people’s purchasing behaviour has changed. A Nielsen survey found that only 33 percent of people trust advertisements while 90 percent trust peer recommendations.
And Instagram is where peer recommendations are happening more than ever.