Depending upon a survey made by Ascend2 last year; Email click-through rates comes in first among all the engagement metrics used for tracking email marketing results, then comes the conversion rate. Yet, email click-through rates is the biggest challenge email marketers face, according to that same survey.
We all know that the great email draws its audience in and forces them to click it. No doubt that Email marketing software and solutions are one of the most effective ways to increase revenue, share ideas with current customers and help to gain more potential customers… Simply, it is the password to your market plan success. The challenge is how to increase email click-through rates?! Here are 4 quick tactics to increase your email click-through rates. However, you have to put in your mind that the better you understand how your audience thinks, the more effective your email campaigns will be!
1. Personalize your eMail
It’s said that “personalized promotional emails have about 29% higher open rates and 41% higher unique click rates than non-personalized mailings” – Experian, 2015. Yet, when we talk about personalizing your emails, we don’t mean to use the first name of your audience only, but also to use more personal details, i.e. you can create a custom email by:
- Adding job titles, zip codes, country relevant info for you loyal customers.
- Remember relevant Holidays, Birthdays or big season events like back to school season for parents.
- It’s very useful to know more about your prospects’ and customers’ online purchase history, browsing history, satisfaction score, and website activity, then you will know how to send a special email to each subscriber and increase your online store purchasing.
- Also, you need to well understand their problems, desires, values, likes and dislikes.
- You may also write in a friendly way which makes the email seems more personal. This is the easiest way to really appeal to your subscribers and get them to open your emails. Have a look at the coming example;
2. Segment your Subscribers List
Segmentation is one of the most effective ways you can do to increase email click-through rates and to improve your overall results as well. One of the most important factors that make people take the decision whether or not to open an email, is when they think that this email is relevant to them. Another research found that “39% of marketers who segmented their email lists experienced higher open rates, 28% experienced lower unsubscribe rates, and 24% experienced better deliverability and greater revenue”
Revamp CRM offers a Smart Segmentation solutions that help you import your contacts in 2 minutes and your database will be segmented automatically. The pre-built segments and the segments you create will remain up to date in real-time so you’re always looking at the right set of customers. This will increase your ROI across channels and boost sales and conversion rates by putting the customer at the center of your retail and marketing strategy.
Revamp CRM also enables you to:
- Organize your contacts in different lists
- Set a follow-up reminder for each list, and automatically remind you to make a contact when the reminder hits zero.
- Attach your lists to a campaign or automation, and use our email marketing tool to send emails.
- Sync your Revamp CRM list with other email tools like Mail Chimp.
3. Choose The Perfect Time
You should carefully consider the time and day you send your emails out. As timing has a huge effect on whether or not your subscribers open your emails. A/B Tests can help you to figure out the perfect time, it could identify which timeframes seem to perform best, and explore those in future campaigns.
In general, the best time of the week to send emails is on weekdays versus weekends! Also the optimal time of day to send emails is from 8 AM to 12 AM in the recipients’ own time zone.
When we have a close look, you will find that there are some factors that effect on what time people open their email such like; the type of content being sent, location, age, and occupation of the recipient.
4. Make Your Emails Mobile Optimized
Some researchers reveal that “There is 70 million US consumers access email through their smartphones, 43% of them check their email on mobile 4 or more times a day.”
And there is a study found that between 2010 and 2015, mobile email open rates grew by 30%. While some other study says that, “Mobile readers who open emails a second time from their computer are 65% more likely to click-through.”
So, you should note that if you’re not optimizing your emails for mobile, you’re completely missing a huge opportunity to make these mobile users open your emails.
Well, We all agree that Email supports overall multi-touch communications strategies, it is enabling eCommerce marketers to deliver their targeted content based on customer preference across different stages in the buyer’s lifecycle. You can use the mentioned tips to help your campaign get better click-through rates, but don’t forget that Email marketing is an art and science, so give yourself some time to find out what tactics work best for your online business and fit your audience more.